- School counselor, offers individual counselling to help students resolve personal or interpersonal problems.
- They also offer small group counselling to help students enhance listening and social skills, learn to empathize with others, and find social support through healthy peer relationships.
counsellorsalso provide support to school staff by assisting with classroom management techniques and the development of programs to improve mental health or school safety. When necessary, counsellorsmay also intervene in a disrupted learning environment.
- Regular Services are:
- Providing instruction on psychological and social issues.
- Vocational and career guidance.
- Students mediate conflicts with their peers and teachers.
- Early intervention and Recommendation
- Special needs services- Identification, Recommendation and Support within the main school framework.
- Maintain academic standards and set goals for academic success.
- Develop skills to improve organization, study habits, and time management.
- Work through personal problems that may affect academics or relationships and social skills.
- Identify interests, strengths, and aptitudes through assessment.